• show-popup

Category Finances
Views 151
Monetary Loss
$2000

I was told "Rent to Own the equipment" for 4 years by LFG reprsentative.

So I leased it for 4 years and I was paying 36.40/month. 4 years was over, still I my accound was debited 36.40/month.
I callled LFG in NY on May 13, 2011 to find out why they are charging me 36.40/month even when my lease was over in Jan, 2011.

They said "you must inform us either to purchase our equipment and pay for the difference or cancel". I said how much will I have to pay for the difference in purchase price, I was told 163.40. I said I want to cancel. She said she need one month notice in written format. I asked for their email, she said they have a fax No. and no email.

I had to type a letter and fax it to them on Maybe 13, 201l requesting for cancellation and gave it one month time. Still they are charging my account.
I called yesterday (June 14, 2011)and spoke to an unprofessional, unskilled rep. Well at first, he said he did not receive the fax.
Then later he said he received the fax but he has not received the equipment.
I said if they send me the UPS self-stamped box which they did when the lease was in effect, then I will return it to you.
He said that customer has to pay for shipping and handling and that he will have to debit the last payment from my account.

He was rude and he told me the address which "132nd west 31st street 13th floor NY 10001. Is this address correct? I do not trust these people.

I said if you refund 36.40 which you debited on June 12, 2011, then I will pay for the shipping. He said he can't do it and that he had to debit my account for the
last payment. Last payment? I do not understand. I called my bank to ask for a stop-payment. Hopefully that will work.

I searched online about this company and discovered that other people also have problems and this is a scam company and should be sued a class action lawsuit.

So for a 4 year lease period, I paid 1747.20 and another 182 for extra 5 months plus they were going to debit for the last payment. In total
so far this company has ripped me off for 1929.2 for just a *** single unit equipment. I switched with Costo, their business is great.

I hope will cancel my account.

Does anyone know if any action has been processed against this company?
I live in Canada and this company is even targetting the Canadian business market. 3068f97

Comments (6) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 19, 2012
The same goes to my business. they said my account is being delinquent and has been reported to the credit bureau. First of all, i didn't owe anyone the machine was paid off thru the previous owner of my business now i got charged of 1170.12 for something i didn't recall of owing let alone know what they are chasing me about.

Does anyone know how to solve this matter and does anyone has file a law suit against this company?
Reply to m.wardhana

Apr 13, 2012
Im in the same boat as you guys. Just canceled my lease after 4years. Because i did not call them exactly after 4years, they kept on withdrawing funds even after the lease was over. So, i ended up paying for an aditional 7 months + 1 month canceleation fee. At $52 per month for 48 + 8 more months thats quite the rip off they are running. The cost of the unit they purchases to lease to me was around $1000 or even less as i found out from the company that sold the POS to LFG to lease to me. I bought a new POS for $450 and its mine outright with no more fees. I got suckerd into LFG lease by a third party sales person that did not disclose all the costs and gimmiks of LFG.
Reply to sebs

Feb 22, 2012
They are charging me 88 bucks for 4 years that costs $200 to buy. They make it sound if its per year. They have high cancellation fees. Dont do business with these crooks.
Reply to scammed by LFG

Oct 21, 2011
People need to read the contract in its entirety before committing to the lease. The fees they are charging are all outlined on the contract. It is unfortunate they can charge what they do but they do it within their legal right.
Reply to Kay Son

Oct 20, 2011
Hey everybody we all are sharing our comments against this huge Criminal Company. Why can't we all get together and file a law suit. if interested email robertstkn@hotmail.com any suggestions and comments are welcome.
Reply to lilly365

Jul 26, 2011
Your lease says one thing, and their fees they charge you are totally different. They are all the time coming up with reasons that they draft your account for money when you pay the monthly lease, that should include all the fees. Their customer service is horrible and when you ask for things in writing they tell you it is in the mail. With todays technology a email or fax you could have the info in seconds, but they insist on putting in the mail because it conviently gets lost. DON'T TRUST THEM!!! You can buy a nice machine outright and pay thousands less than you will with this company.
Reply to Don't go with this company-HOR

Read next Lease Finance Group complaint

Customer Service Failure

I set up for credit card processing services and equipment through an "independant contractor" who a...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Lease Finance Group.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug